Friday, March 5, 2010

Ideas on a card. An "Idea Card"

I have an "idea card." It's a note card that i keep in my wallet for when i have an idea I don't want to forget, or for when I hear something amazing. I just filled up my first card:
  • Give her wings to fly. -Pres. Hinckley
  • Why do the rich people get the credit for things? They may pay for a house, but it is human beings who actually create it. It's society, not the rich person.
  • The week should be 5 days, not 7. It makes sense. 365 is divisible by 5, so January 1st would always be a Monday. Holidays would always be the same day of the week.
  • You have to love who you teach. When you do, they'll know it. You can't hide it. -Elder Rector
  • Just because an advertisement asks you if you want a five star hotel by the airport, doesn't mean there is one.
  • When you hug someone, you should feel a lot more than the physical. Ho much emotion you feel from the touch has a lot to do with how much someone means to you.
  • A half hour of truly heart-felt service makes you feel better than running or exercise.

I was thinking last night about home. I am always in a mood to talk to my mom or go be with my family. The thing is that I can't just swing by the house when I live 2,000 miles away. Then I was like "wait, where is my home again?" Because, I've lived at BYU for 2 semesters. This is where I live, so essentially you could say it's my home, for the moment at least. I am a college student with a college lifestyle. If I went to my Ohio home, I would be missing a big part of my life. But, while I stay here I am also missing a big part of my life back in Ohio.

I guess you could say that I've split my soul into two horcruxes. One sits in P Town, and one sits in the Boro. When I go on my mission I'll make a third horcrux for France.

Ahyeah, I'm a wizard.


p.s. this is my new favorite song.

2 comments: